Find here

4.6.11

Spain's Fernando Torres admits injuries held him back

The Chelsea striker did not hide the fact that it has been a trying twelve months on a personal note but he also expressed his wish that next season will see him have more joy

 Spain international striker Fernando Torres revealed his relief at being back playing for the World Cup winners after enduring perhaps the toughest period of his career to date.

Torres, who moved from Liverpool to Chelsea in January, came off the bench at half-time and went on to score his country's fourth goal in a convincing 4-0 rout of the United States in Boston in an international friendly on Saturday evening.

"I felt very comfortable from the beginning. I felt good and I was really committed. It has been a tough year for me," he told TVE after the game.

"I have only played twice for the national team in recent times. The injuries I have had prevented me from being in good shape. I am happy that the team won and that everything was perfect."

The former Atletico Madrid forward hopes that his darkest days are behind him and that he will be back to his best next season once he recharges his batteries over the next few weeks.

"Now I will think of the Venezuela game [on Tuesday] and then afterwards I will go on my holidays," he said. "I hope that next season will be different."

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét